This is a full-time role / London
MarcoPolo design award-winning products that enrich millions of kids’ learning experiences worldwide. We're a close-knit,
collaborative group that obsesses about visual design, UXD, and creating original content for kids (ages 3-7).
The Art Director is responsible for overseeing the art and design across all products at MarcoPolo.
The suitable candidate will help create new ideas and interactive experiences for kids that are delightful,
educational and highly engaging. This position requires someone with strong leadership abilities to manage the team of artists/designers
and the process and make/communicate decisions with various team members.
A passion for early learning kids' interactive media is a must in this role with the
suitable candidate having the ability to ideate and create engaging experiences for children within the range of 3-7.
- Managing designers and artists taking a project from conception through to implementation.
- Managing projects, timelines and communicating with all teams across MarcoPolo.
- Ability to apply design knowledge and intuition to the kid’s space.
- Create original visual designs and UXD.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in the kids’ interactive media and/or gaming industry.
- An ability to connect with a kids' psyche and understand the way they experience mobile games and videos.
- Clearly articulate designs and visuals using Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Invision and other prototyping tools.
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and prioritize accordingly and create road maps for team projects.
- Proven track record influencing design and product direction with actionable insights.
- Good communicator and stakeholder manager.
- Clear understanding of current kids’ interactive media landscape.
- Attention to detail, organized, good follow-through.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Experience with designing interactive products for kids.
- An enthusiasm for being part of the team and someone who looks out for others, provides guidance, and readily shares knowledge.
- You are intrigued by kids and how they discover and learn about the world.