This is a full-time role / New York
MarcoPolo is a rapidly growing online kids’ educational media company and it is looking to expand its amazing team! We design award-winning products that enrich millions of kids’ learning experiences worldwide. We're a close-knit, collaborative group that obsesses about visual design, UXD, and creating original content for kids (ages 3-7).
This position is responsible for generating all written content for the MarcoPolo Learning brand including but not limited to our website, marketing and social campaigns. The suitable candidate with follow the narrative of the MarcoPolo Learning brand and help develop and build an engaging and structured attraction strategy in partnership with the marketing team. The ideal candidate will have experience working within a similar kids’ media space targeting the 3-7 age range.
- Create engaging copy with an appreciation for our target market and awareness of our end users, children aged 3-7.
- Quickly understand the needs of MarcoPolo to develop content and build narrative around our brand.
- Create copy that sparks curiosity and pulls users in.
- Be our copy guardian, owning and approving all copy that sits within the public forum.
- Work with the design team and project managers to make sure visual and copy styles connect.
- Write and present options of copy maintaining tone of voice.
- Create, check and be responsible for all content within the website, including making sure spelling and grammar are perfect.
- Partner with our marketing team to maintain a constantly fresh and engaging approach to our written content.
- Degree qualified from top university: Advertising, English, Design related qualification.
- Must be highly creative with an imagination and curiosity to match.
- Exemplary writing skills (English) that is clear, concise and grammatically correct.
- Must have strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- An eye for detail is crucial within this role as visually we are perfectionists.
- An understanding of the different language styles appealing to our target audience.
- Experience within the kids’ interactive media and/or gaming industry is a major plus.
- You are intrigued by kids and how they discover and learn about the world.
- Experience working in a digital/Mobile/App based startup environment.
Due to high volumes of applications MarcoPolo Learning cannot commit to feeding back to all applications and this is a full-time role, based in New York.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the US.