English Language Learning (ELL) consultant
This is a full-time role / London
MarcoPolo is a rapidly growing online kids’ educational media company and it is looking to expand its amazing team! We design award-winning products that enrich millions of kids’ learning experiences worldwide. We're a close-knit, collaborative group that obsesses about visual design, UXD, and creating original content for kids.
This position involves working with the CEO and education team on the development and design of a new ELL product. This position requires someone with a desire for both early childhood education and technology who is comfortable leading from the front on ELL best practices for the Chinese market.
- Working in close collaboration with designers, product and senior stakeholders on designing and defining the ELL product offering.
- Work with the MarcoPolo education team to define and develop the ELL curriculum.
- Background in linguistics or related field.
- An understanding of content based language instruction/CLIL.
- Education: Masters/PHD with a focus toward applied linguistics/TESOL/ESL.
- Creative approach to education and interlaying traditional approaches with new technologies.
- You are intrigued by kids and how they discover and learn about the world.
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and prioritize accordingly and create road maps for team projects.
- Must have strong judgment/analytical problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, organized, good follow-through.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Clear understanding of current mobile game trends.
- Experience teaching English to Chinese students.