Front End Developer
This is a full-time role / London
MarcoPolo is a rapidly growing online kids’ educational media company and it is looking to expand its amazing team! We design award-winning products that enrich millions of kids’ learning experiences worldwide. We're a close-knit, collaborative group that obsesses about visual design, UXD, and now understanding the data to help produce bespoke learning experiences for kids (ages 3-7).
We’re continuing to grow and build out our product offering, and as such we have an exciting space in the team for a Front End developer to come in and make truly engaging games for kids
- Work on our educational app MarcoPolo World School
- Build out the MarcoPolo CMS system
- Manage and maintain the CMS system
- Support and update the company website as appropriate
- Deploy and manage to Amazon web services.
- Assist with the design, build, and maintenance of efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Collaborate with game artists and developers to establish an effective production pipeline
- Graduate within a computer science or game development based field or similar
- Experience using Amazon web services
- Experience with React JS
- Experience with Angular
- Experience within MySQL databases (optional)
- Java (optional)
- Maintaining and updating REST API (optional)
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Team player with a hardworking can do attitude is a must
- Must be organized and able to prioritize and manage work and adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Native level fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work without direct supervision and comfortable using initiative in a lean start up
- Enthusiastic team player who looks out for others, provides guidance, and readily shares knowledge
- Experience working in a digital/Mobile/App based startup environment.
- Experience/good knowledge of the kids’ educational space.
Due to high volumes of applications MarcoPolo Learning cannot commit to feeding back to all applications and this is a full-time role, based in London.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK.