Full Stack Server Developer
This is a full-time role / London
MarcoPolo is a rapidly growing online kids’ educational media company and it is looking to expand its amazing team! We design award-winning products that enrich millions of kids’ learning experiences worldwide. We're a close-knit, collaborative group that obsesses about visual design, UXD, and now understanding the data to help produce bespoke learning experiences for kids (ages 3-7).
We’re continuing to grow and build out our product offering, and as such we have an exciting space in the team for an experienced sever developer to come in and make truly engaging games for kids.
- Work on our educational app MarcoPolo World School.
- Monitor and maintain MarcoPolo systems and connectivity.
- Manage and maintain the backend applications.
- Own and manage the Amazon web services.
- Own and manage MarcoPolo database systems.
- Assist with the design, build, and maintenance of efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Collaborate with game artists and developers to establish an effective production pipeline.
- Graduate within a computer science or game development based field or similar.
- Experience using Amazon web services.
- Understanding of network technologies (load balancer, firewalls, user & key management, VPC management).
- Linux administration/management.
- Experience within MySQL databases and Hibernate.
- Java Spring/Spring Boot development experience or similar frameworks.
- Frontend development: React JS and/ or Angular.
- Maintaining and updating REST API.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Team player with a hardworking can do attitude is a must.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize and manage work and adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Native level fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Ability to work without direct supervision and comfortable using initiative in a lean start up.
- Enthusiastic team player who looks out for others, provides guidance, and readily shares knowledge.
- Experience working in a digital/Mobile/App based startup environment.
- Experience/good knowledge of the kids’ educational space.