Senior Unity Developer
This is a full-time role / London
MarcoPolo is a rapidly growing online kids’ educational media company and it is looking to expand its amazing team! We design award-winning products that enrich millions of kids’ learning experiences worldwide. We're a close-knit, collaborative group that obsesses about visual design, UXD, and understanding the data to help produce original learning experiences for kids.
We’re continuing to grow and build out our product offering, and as such we have an exciting space in the team for an experienced developer to come in and make truly engaging games for kids’. The ideal candidate will come from a gaming background having worked on app and mobile based products for both IOS and Android.
- Work on our educational app MarcoPolo World School with Unity in C# for iOS and Android.
- Help with road mapping, feature planning and implementing best practice approaches to code
- Plan and implement game functionality to build robust game systems
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Collaborate with game artists and developers to establish an effective production pipeline
- Unity, C#, Mobile Experience (iOS, Android) - minimum 5 years’ experience
- Comfortable writing well-structured code and committed to code quality through any means, code reviews, automated testing and tooling
- Graduate within a computer science or game development based field or similar
- Strong understanding of design and programming best practices and design patterns
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Calm and professional attitude
- Team player with a hardworking can do attitude is a must
- Must be organised and able to prioritise and manage work and adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience/good knowledge of the mobile app space
- Experience/good knowledge of the kids’ educational space
- Native level fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work without direct supervision and comfortable using initiative in a lean start up
- Enthusiastic team player who looks out for others, provides guidance, and readily shares knowledge
- Experience working in a digital/Mobile/App based startup environment
Due to high volumes of applications MarcoPolo Learning cannot commit to feeding back to all applications and this is a full-time role, based in London.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK.