This is a full-time role / London
MarcoPolo is a rapidly growing online kids educational media company and it is looking to expand its amazing team! We design award-winning products that enrich millions of kids’ learning experiences worldwide. We're a close-knit, collaborative group that obsesses about visual design, UXD, and creating original content for kids (ages 3-7).
We are looking for a talented UX designer to join our design team. You will be responsible for defining and developing best-in-class user experiences (website, apps, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with developers and company leaders to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then be able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables.
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and UI framework and assets on a range of products.
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and final graphics for websites and apps.
- Lead a a product design expert the identification and early prototyping of wireframes.
- Interpret design guidelines, wireframes & workflows, and create pixel-perfect, visually engaging design treatments.
- Maintain design consistency across our products.
- Considering existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness.
- Considering the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- Using online tools, such as screen readers, to aid their research.
- Running user testing of applications, software and websites.
- Defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications.
- Communicating scenarios (hypothetical users), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product.
- Working with creative directors and visual designers to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product.
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications.
- Strong portfolio featuring past UX work.
- Expert in understanding and development of a product.
- +4 years’ relevant experience.
- Passion in solving UX problems with creativity and users in mind.
- Strong teamwork skills with ability to manage projects in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
- Obsession with quality and visual design talent with a pixel-level attention to detail.
- Proactivity. You are self-driven and have a great attitude to challenges.
- Expert in Axure or Adobe Creative Suite, Invision
- Experience with designing interactive products for kids.
Due to high volumes of applications MarcoPolo Learning cannot commit to feeding back to all applications and this is a full-time role, based in London.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK.